DELIVERY OPTIONS IN HARARE | EVERY THURS TO SAT | ORDER NOW VIA WHATSAPP: +263 77 446 2007
10 Amazing Facts About Goats
1. A baby goat is called a kid, but did you know that a goat giving birth is said to be "kidding"?
2. Goats are sociable animals and therefore become depressed if they are separated or isolated from their companions, however they are not flock-orientated like sheep.
3. They are one of the cleanliest animals and are much more selective feeders than cows, sheep, pigs, swine and even dogs.
4. Goats are very intelligent and curious animals. Their inquisitive nature is exemplified in their constant desire to explore and investigate anything unfamiliar which they come across.
5. They communicate with each other by bleating. Mothers will often call to their young (kids) to ensure they stay close-by. Mother and kid goats recognise each other’s calls soon after the mothers give birth.
6. Goats can be taught their name and to come when called.
7. They are very picky eaters. They have very sensitive lips, which they use to “mouth” things in search of clean and tasty food. They will often refuse to eat hay that has been walked on or lying around loose for a day.
8. Goats use the sneeze sound as an alarm. They use a sneeze to warn each other of danger, whether real or imagined.
9. They are extremely intelligent and curious and are very often not given credit for being the smart and loving creatures they actually are.
10. Goats dislike water and would rather leap over streams and puddles than step in them.