This is a delicacy that involves wrapping intestines around the tripe to make what is affectionately known as Zvinyenze.
Zvinyenze go down well with a nice portion of sadza rezviyo (finger millet pap) .
The trick to cooking offals, however, is to ensure that your offals are very clean. After washing them, soak them in water with salt and a dash of vinegar.
* l300g goat tripe, cut and drained
* l500g goat intestines, cut and drained
* l2 large onions, quartered
* lOlive oil
1.Wrap the goat intestines around the pieces of goat tripe. In a large pot, heat two tablespoons of olive oil and lightly fry the crushed garlic.
2. Add the chilli flakes, black pepper curry powder and coriander. Add the offals and cook until the water has finished.
3. Add the onions, one litre water and salt to taste. Cover and reduce heat and cook for 2½ hour. Check for readiness. If not yet ready, add more water and cook until done.
4. When you can pierce the meat with a fork, you add the tomatoes and 100ml water to thicken the stew. Serve with sadza rezviyo and mustard leaf or any other vegetable of your choice.